Saturday, April 3, 2010

Tourist in Training: Tampa

So, I decided to bite the bullet and buy the wonderful camera from my previous blog. To get to know it, I decided to trek up to Tampa (which is about an hour north of my home, Sarasota) and test it out.

Here's me in the car at the beginning of my trek:



First stop was Ikea, where I got a delicious lunch of Salmon ($6.99!) and Peach Sparkling water. Did I take a picture? No.

Second stop, Ybor City. Google Maps completely abandoned me, but I found it on my own! I was searching specifically for Urban Outfitters, where I purchased a lovely nighty shirt, journal, and some back issues of Nylon magazine (only $1.90!).

Ybor City is a wonderful historic little town, complete with Trolley cars, but terribly hard to navigate.

Here's some snapshots of the city!





The building with the "Buddha" sign is apparently the site of the oldest restaurant in Tampa. It was originally called "Czar". Now it's a lounge.

Third Stop was Anthropologie. In my soul, I knew it was time for a dressing room photo shoot.





Funny, I didn't end up buying any clothes. But I did buy my favorite candle of all time- Capri Blue's Aloha Orchid. I highly recommend it.

Then, trying to find my way home, I got super lost, but was captivated by this beautiful building. I made an illegal u-turn just to find out what it was.





Turns out to be the Henry Plant Victorian Museum located on the Tampa Univ. campus. Gorgeous!

www.plantmuseum.com

I will definitely be finding my way back there someday to visit!

Then, I finally made my way home. :-) What a lovely Saturday. Hope yours was, too!

Cheerio!
-L

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lindsay!

    I am So excited you will be blogging while in London giving us all a vicarious look into the exciting lives of Acting Grad Students abroad!

    xoxo
    Mama Sauer
    2nd Official Follower!

    ReplyDelete