Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I Think I'll Take a Walk Outside....

Hello There!

Sorry it's been a couple of days, but I've been a busy little bee!
We've started two of our classes for now and the instructors are both quite enjoyable. Very fun. We're in a voice class and a playwriting class. In the voice class, we've been learning to fully release the voice so that it's open and left unstrained. And in our playwriting class, we're going to learn to devise works and eventually write down a monologue in our experimentation. I'm interested to see what comes of it.

Well, as I last mentioned Angela and I headed out to Shepherd's Bush for my favorite artist's, A Fine Frenzy's rock concert. And most wonderfully of all, we got to meet her!! All because Angela had the idea to ask security and when they said we could send back something to her, I wrote a poem:

We loved your show,
We're from the States,
Out the stage door,
Your fans await.

And she came outside and met us! It was so lovely. We even got a photo with her, which I'll post soon.

Yesterday after classes I went to the FIRST CHIPOTLE in ENGLAND!
It was a momentous occasion as it is my favorite place to eat back home.
It made London feel more like home, as lame and cheesy as that sounds.

Then last night our program provided tickets for Oliver at the Drury Lane. The Drury Lane is a gorgeous, historic theatre that has housed so many great actors such as Keane and Olivier, among others.




As far as the play goes, it wasn't the best. Fun to see a musical in London that takes place in London, but I don't think I was too crazy about the story. The young lad who played the Artful Dodger was as cute as a button.

Then today we had class in the morning and the afternoon free, so Devereau, Danny, Dane and I decided to walk around Hyde Park. It is a huge stretch of land that is so incredibly beautiful.







Back at the (School) Center, there was a meeting for travel deals for students who are attending the summer study program. I am most excited to take the trip to Paris, including a side trip to Versailles, which is my #1 destination outside of England.

I've also been buying tickets left and right for shows and the rest of my week looks like this:

Tomorrow: Peter Pan at the Barbican, Thursday: 39 Steps at the Criterion, Friday: A Daytrip to Averbury, Salisbury, and LaCock and then this weekend friends of mine from High School who are also studying theatre abroad in London come into town! Sure to be a great weekend!



Cheerio!
-L

No comments:

Post a Comment