Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Lindsay About Town

The past couple of days I've felt more and more like a real Londoner!

Yesterday a group of us decided we'd like to see a play, so we headed over to the Comedy Theatre to see Mrs. Warren's Profession and it was excellent! Such a wonderful thing to see a play. It make me remember why I'm in London and feel more at home.

Then, Devereau, Angela and I headed over to the Jack Horner pub for lunch and I had my first all-English lunch. English Breakfast Tea and Fish & Chips! It was great! The fish was HUGE, though.



Then Angela and I decided to walk around Covent Garden and Seven Dials neighborhoods and on the way back home, we came across something that brought me so much joy. A Chipotle! The first in London! How fitting that my favorite restaurant from the states is now opening right around the corner from where I live here.

And today, we had a fantastic coach tour around the city with a tour guide! We got to see tons of amazing things. Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, Parliment, Tower of London, and St. Paul's Cathedral. Here are a few photos (just a few) from the day's excursion:







It's wonderful that everywhere you look there's a building with a history and a story. I love it!

This evening I'm heading out to Shepherd's Bush to see my favorite artist Alison Sudol in concert. And tomorrow we start classes. Horray!

Cheerio!
-L

No comments:

Post a Comment